Skip to main content
Topic: Roles and Permissions (Read 2160 times) previous topic - next topic

Roles and Permissions

Hello Group,
Newbie having trouble getting 'Roles and Permissions' to work.
I have 'Authentication' working nicely trying to take next step and get 'Roles and Permissions' working.
The 2 tables are created. Roles has 2 rows, Administrator and User. I have 2 users 1 in each role.
Role_Permissions table however is empty. Even if I select either 'Static' or 'Dynamic' permissions.
I was thinking after I made my selections for either 'Static' or 'Dynamic' the 'Role_Permissions' table would populate with those selections but I get nothing in that table.
I'm sure I'm just missing something stupid but I have spent way too much time trying to figure it out on my own already.
And help or direction would be appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Roles and Permissions

Reply #1
Update:
I converted my database from SQLite to mySQL and I did not have any issue setting up 'Role Permissions'. The table populated with the permission settings selected in PHPRad like you would expect and everything worked like you would expect.
So this seems to be a bug when using the SQLite database.

Reply #2
In testing the platform I have run into the same issue with SQLite. In looking the the error it tells me the PDODb.php file,  line 1045 is the problem. When I look at that, it appears to be referencing MySQL and not SQLite. It would take someone more knowledgeable about PHP than me to know if that is true. If it is true then it would be a  bug to my way of thinking.

Reply #3
Did your problem get solved
jaymoore stah @facebook.com

Reply #4
We did not. It seems to be looking for a MySQL db in that file when its using SQLite. At least that is my best guess at this point.

Reply #5
I ended up making a small change to the xml file that creates the ACL.php file so it would use a different syntax for sqlite.

Reply #6
I am still getting the same error. I tried your changes, but they did not work for me.  :(