Skip to main content
Topic: Delete attachments (Read 1766 times) previous topic - next topic

Delete attachments

I have two records, each with an attachment each, when I delete a record, it ends up deleting the files from both records. How can I delete only the file related to the registry?
DougBack

Re: Delete attachments

Reply #2
You have to delete the record using an id that is unique to it, like the auto-increment primary key.

Each register has a primary key and auto increment.
When you delete a record, you end up deleting all files in the directory where the attachments of all other records are stored.

Zip file with SQL and * .ppm follows the link: FileZip SQL and PPM
DougBack

Reply #4
@Douglas‍ I tested your project and I did not get the error you complained about. Please make sure that in your phprad file configuration the FileNameFormate is not set to OriginalFilename, if you want to use that please make sure you don't upload files with the same name.

Reply #5
@Douglas‍ I tested your project and I did not get the error you complained about. Please make sure that in your phprad file configuration the FileNameFormate is not set to OriginalFilename, if you want to use that please make sure you don't upload files with the same name.

Use Random String for the file name. I pray that I took all the precautions, however, I still don't know what could be happening.
I made a quick video trying to get through what is happening and how I am doing it. I hope someone can help me. Thank you.

Video link:  https://youtu.be/SYI6xZcA3RM
DougBack

Reply #7
Okay, I'm waiting. :(
DougBack

Reply #8
I am facing the same issue too.
I think that if we can't resolve the issue by ourselves, from the developers we will never get a reply. I have contacted them more than 4-5 times last month and i never got a reply. Probably I will look for other solutions from other providers.
Good luck!

Reply #9
I am facing the same issue too.
I think that if we can't resolve the issue by ourselves, from the developers we will never get a reply. I have contacted them more than 4-5 times last month and i never got a reply. Probably I will look for other solutions from other providers.
Good luck!

I agree. I've been trying some solutions for months.
I liked the tool for some things, however, basic things leave something to be desired.
I came to think that there would be more updates with solutions for the BUG's, but that's not what happens.
I'm looking for another tool to help.
DougBack