Skip to main content
Topic: PHPRAD still exist or dying ? (Read 3752 times) previous topic - next topic

PHPRAD still exist or dying ?

I have sent email twice, but no response until now. I am wondering if PHPRAD still exist or dying ?

Re: PHPRAD still exist or dying ?

Reply #1
PHPRad is not Dying.
Please if you have any issue, you can post in this Forum.

Thanks.

Reply #2
Glad to hear this. But a major update is required to keep it in competition. There are some very important issues, specifically related to the Authentication, are pending. Some additional features are also required to make this application ready to build real life applications.

Reply #3
was wondering the same thing.   There's not much going on here on the forums either.

It does need some issues sorted I think before I buy it.

Got good potential.

Come on devs.

Reply #4
Maybe you should put the announcement up for 2.5.7, and a date so that people will know the timing of the last release.

Reply #5
same like me. Bad support,   ::)  ::)  :-X  :-X

after trial exp I don't buy phprad. Bad support, i try phpmaker or appgini. Good support.

Reply #6
Maybe you should put the announcement up for 2.5.7, and a date so that people will know the timing of the last release.
2.5.7 is already released. Waiting for the next release ...

Reply #7
I think he's referring to the "NEWS" at the top of the forums that says:

"PHPRad Version 2.5.5 Released.", when in fact 2.5.7 is what is at the download link.

Reply #8
Right the NEWS is 2 revisions back.

Reply #9
New version released. Has someone tried it yet? I've just downloaded the setup. It's a big move to have two different versions of the application. More work to maintain the two versions now... but surely, a clear distinctive option for the Developers to choose the version of their liking. Good thing, at least at the time of writing this comment, both versions are available under same License cost.

Reply #10
I am unclear as to what the version differences actually are.  Is there an advantage to using one or the other?
(I've just downloaded 2.5.8, but will wait to hear from others as to it's bug fixes)

Reply #11
I am disappointing on PHPrad, there is not support at all. Good thing I ve got the program for free. I am moving away from this platform.

Reply #12
Hi anzuz.

I regret to hear that you are moving away.  My sons and I are working on a project to help the members of a church youth group keep in touch during this time, and share prayer requests with each other.  We may integrate jitsi to allow a private video chat function to help ours, and other faith communities during the time we have to not meet together.

My point is that there are uses for PHPRad as it develops.  If you have skills, you can become part of the critical mass to make a community and a product better.  Instead of saying there is no support, could you give some details?

I have found answers to my questions in this forum, but there are other options like Skype and logging a support ticket.  Which have you tried, and what did you ask?

To the PHPRad team: the fact that anzuz has a complaint worries me.  How are you improving these things?  Have you added to the team (I am pretty sure you have.)?  Are there other steps?

-R