Skip to main content
Topic: Master-Detail Form (Read 3618 times) previous topic - next topic

Master-Detail Form

Does PHPRad support creation of Master-Detail forms?

Re: Master-Detail Form

Reply #1
Yes, PHPRad support creation of Master-Detail form and view display. Just try it out if you have any question, then we can help.

Best Regards.

Reply #2
Hi, how to make a master-detail in edit form? I added a subform list and then I put filter propertie by field id of parent form but does not work

Reply #3
I think this is among the best software for generating PHP, but it lacks documentations and tutorials. and supporters are not helping enough.

Reply #4
Hi, Sorry for the late reply.

Please take a look at the screenshot. it explains how to add master details to any page.

On the design page, just drag and drop the subpage of the detail page.
Bind the Subpage Record ID to the corresponding Master Page Field.

Preview

I hope this helps

Regards

Reply #5
Could you please make an example or at least a video of how we can build and how it works a master detail form?
We need to see how it works urgently in order to buy the product.
Please reply asap.
Regards.

Reply #6
Hi, currently we don't have any video tutorial on Master Detail Relation But we have PDF tutorial.  Here's is the link to the PDF tutorial. https://phprad.com/tutorials/phprad-master-detail-pages.

Please if you need more information, you can provide more detail about what you want to achieve then we can direct you on how to achieve it. Thanks.

Best Regards

Reply #7
Hi... Thanks for your quick response...

The above link is missing the file extension to be informed. the correct link should be:

https://phprad.com/tutorials/phprad-master-detail-pages.pdf

we would love if the support can provide a video or a sample application of a small invoice app running and developed by PHPRAD.

I will try to implement the pdf file in a trial version. if you have more links to help us, we will be thankful.

Regards.

Reply #8
Hello, I bought your product and I see that it is not possible to create a real detail master relationship, in which you can add more lines of detail to the master, it is a great design flaw that you must repair because it is a very basic functionality that should to have

Reply #10
"Real detail master relationship" would be a case of entering invoice header and its multiple items and ability to show totals of these items values on a header or a footer of invoice and assigning these values to some fields of invoice and all of that on one master webform with a subform.

Without that, for me,  PHPRAD has limited potential.  If it is possible, please show us a concrete example.

Reply #11
@Dule‍ please have you gone true the phprad docs there are ways you can archive what you want. there are subpages in page design, there is the master-detail relationship to connect records in two tables and there is custom edit for you to manually edit pages. As for a concrete example, I will post that on my youtube page when am done with my other videos.

Reply #12
Thanks in advance. I can’t wait to see that example as I don’t have much time for my own experiments right now.