Skip to main content
Topic: Configuring the Global Settings module in version 2.7.3 (Read 1491 times) previous topic - next topic

Configuring the Global Settings module in version 2.7.3

Good evening everyone!
After installing the PHPRAD classic version 2.7.3, when trying to configure the MYSQL database for POSTGRE, the software presented the error message: The object of type 'System.String' cannot be converted to type 'PhpRad.DBType'.
Can you check this problem out?

Re: Configuring the Global Settings module in version 2.7.3

Reply #1
@ffernandes‍ please note that the Global Settings is used to set the default setting you want phprad to apply when you create a new project, which in the process of creation you can change the settings for that specific project.

Reply #2
OK, but the problem is that when I try to configure the default Mysql database for Postgre it is giving the error message that I reported in the initial post.
In version 2.6.9 this did not happen even when I try to open projects from the previous version (2.6.9) the same error appears probably because I was developing the project using Postgre.

Reply #4
In the Project Settings option the error does not occur
It only occurs if I try to configure the Global Settings option or when I try to open a project that is configured for Postgre.
As for the file to be deleted I did not find the same.
I am forwarding a PDF summary of the step-by-step to the error for you.

Reply #5
@ffernandes‍ from the pdf uploaded, I now understand the error. Please note that it is a bug and I have reported it to the dev team. As for the second error you are getting, PHPRad version 2.7.x does not support project made with previous versions like 2.6.x, you'll have to create the project using version 2.7.x.

Reply #6
Understood! Thank you very much for the quick return.
Just one point: there is no migration tool for projects developed in previous versions, is there?
Once again thank you very much