Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: Changing DB Server in Global Settings doesn't change the database connection (Read 2762 times) previous topic - next topic

Changing DB Server in Global Settings doesn't change the database connection

I have changed the database server ip address from one server to another in global settings popup and saved it. However, it still connects to the old server.

I reloaded the changes after publishing. But still the DB connection points to old server. Why?!!!

Appreciate quick response...

Re: Changing DB Server in Global Settings doesn't change the database connection

Reply #1
I believe the changes will take effect on the next run.
Have you tried to restart the application?

Re: Changing DB Server in Global Settings doesn't change the database connection

Reply #2
That didn't help. This problem still continues and very frustrating.
After doing some digging around, I noticed that the ppm file is the culprit. When I make the changes in the IDE it is not saved into the ppm file. After saving and closing the IDE, I opened the ppm file through editor and saw still the old DB configuration settings. However, when I open the IDE next time, in the global settings popup, i see the new settings!

Looks like there is a serious bug in the project saving functionality. Instead of Rapid development, this is turning out to be a nightmare.

Appreciate if you can quickly resolve this.

Reply #3
...Additional clarifications.

After I save the project, close the IDE and use the editor to view the ppm file, I see old DB settings.
When I reopen the IDE, in the popup, I see new DB settings.
However, when I run the application, it still uses old DB settings.

No matter how many times I save and come back into IDE or try reloading the pages during testing, this problem still persists.

Reply #4
Please, can you confirm as this issue has been fixed in PHPRad 2.5.8 ?

Reply #5
I have the same issue cant change to another database.
also connection settings from development station may differ from production.

Reply #6
@franklin‍ when you have published to production please locate and edit config.php file found in the root of your project folder as indicated in the images below(locate config.png and edit config.png).

Reply #7
thx, I found that, but it is just annoying to that every time you publish.

Reply #8
another problem is that the application keeps reading the old database it does not change to the new config.
it seems that the general setting doe nothing, cannot be changed.

Reply #9
I am stuck try to binary edit the ppm file, does not work only thing that works is start a new project. but then i have to redo 1 week of work, frustrating.

Reply #10
I have the same issue cant change to another database.
also connection settings from development station may differ from production.
Same here. The database string cant be changed anymore for the deve-stage PPM file. If we plan to migrate to another server,  the project need to redo from scratch. Team. Kindly work on it. This is not professional man.

If a real professional developer work on this PHPRAD system, sure will feel it like a Honey-Dipped-MangoSeed. Can eat the top layer only & the inner part is not edible. :-)))))

Because the developed project file is like... " Its Like That One"... :-)

Reply #11
Wel I found that it actually is not a bad idea to don't change it.
it should always be "localhost" from a security point of view.
with that setting you can work locally and any other server.
and without authentication problems, of you use a domain name the entry point form the PH script also follows that path.
reg Franklin

Reply #12
Hi there,
Is this solved now with 2.6.9 version ?

Thanks

Reply #13
Hi Guys.

Im trying PHPrad to see if its adequate for some projects that i will have in the very near future.

Several things in this Post got me very worried!!!

1 -Is it possible to duplicate a project (php and Mysql (local DB) ) while in development mode or/and after is publish so i can use it to another end/costumer

2- Are there any constraints on duplicating projects?

Thanks in advance. Keep safe!
Jorge

Reply #14
@jmsantos72‍ yes you can duplicate the project, but you will have to configure the path where the project files will be stored and the database connection. But on the current version which is version 2.6.9, database change cannot be done from phprad, you will have to manually change the database connection on the config.php file.