Skip to main content
Topic: Step by step Tutorial? (Read 3464 times) previous topic - next topic

Step by step Tutorial?

Is there documentation somewhere on the correct way to build an application using PHPRad?  I have seen a few videos that basically flash through the features but nothing that really says "do this, do that, maybe you want to add this other feature, etc."  I would appreciate any kind of outline you can provide!

I already have the database schema set and data populated, I just need to put together a CRUD application with a user-friendly front end at this point.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Re: Step by step Tutorial?

Reply #1
I aggree with Jeff. I seriosly think to buy your product but docmantation lack stops me.

Reply #3
Dear Willvin
unfortunately its not enough :)
I almoust read all the forum and documentation to work it out.
for example I need to create an area in a form to add multiple entries or files etc. I coulnt find a way.
additionally when I choose to add multiple selection in form, It only records one in multiple selection area.
and the last one, when I created file upload section, in view area it shows all the files in only one area without names.
there are my issues. I hope you guys can help me out. I sincerely can be your beta tester :)
additionally I tried you pyrad, I have some comments about pyrad also :)

Reply #5
Are you trying to archive multiple form component on a row, like the example below.
Hi Willwin
I try someting like that

my issue is form only records 1 selection not all.

Reply #6
My second issue is when I upload multiple files from multiple selections. in view mode it shows all in one section not seperatedly as I uploaded.

Reply #7
Is there documentation somewhere on the correct way to build an application using PHPRad?  I have seen a few videos that basically flash through the features but nothing that really says "do this, do that, maybe you want to add this other feature, etc."  I would appreciate any kind of outline you can provide!

I already have the database schema set and data populated, I just need to put together a CRUD application with a user-friendly front end at this point.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
i can help you out, just tell me what kind of of a system you want to create and we can create it, together, can try doing so via team viewer or youtube vids, but i'm yet to upload them... reach me on jaymoorestah@gmail.com will share my whatsapp number.
jaymoore stah @facebook.com

Reply #8
be a little descriptive, what files??

Reply #9
Dear Willvin
unfortunately its not enough :)
I almoust read all the forum and documentation to work it out.
for example I need to create an area in a form to add multiple entries or files etc. I coulnt find a way.
additionally when I choose to add multiple selection in form, It only records one in multiple selection area.
and the last one, when I created file upload section, in view area it shows all the files in only one area without names.
there are my issues. I hope you guys can help me out. I sincerely can be your beta tester :)
additionally I tried you pyrad, I have some comments about pyrad also :)
okay , there is a way around this , in the pages as you are editing, there is a place you will find this,,,, ADD PAGE
VIEW PAGE,
DELETE PAGE,
AND so on, well there check if you have the name checkbox unchecked, if so check it, this is what I do when I want to hide names or id in the view area or delete area ,  eg lets say you have a table called users which will store, name email and passwords, but by default it will show everything in the table including the passwords, so if I don't want to see the pass, I will navigate to pages, go to users table, on the view page, uncheck password
, same thing with your situation

Reply #10
Dear Wahomi
I am sorry but I guess you got me wrong.
problem 1. I cannot insert multiple data to table from form. I can choose multiple selection on form but only inserts one.
Problem 2 . file upload are not segregated. I upload files from form but in view secreen all showed in one field.
Problem 3 . Sometimes T_string error emerges

Reply #11
Dear Wahomi
I am sorry but I guess you got me wrong.
problem 1. I cannot insert multiple data to table from form. I can choose multiple selection on form but only inserts one.
Problem 2 . file upload are not segregated. I upload files from form but in view secreen all showed in one field.
Problem 3 . Sometimes T_string error emerges

@gokand can u create a sample project with the areas you are having issues and send them to me as a PM on this forum so that i can correct them properly and update the forum accordingly. I'll need the phprad classic .ppm file and a sample DB of the project, thanks.

Reply #12
Hi, same problem.
i want add 4 files per product and just can add a picture, i need more 2 pdf and a zip file, its possible?
how i do that?
many tks

Reply #13
Yes it is possible.
In the image below 1 to 6 are steps to find what am going to talk about. Note that the most important is from step 3 to 6 in the image below.

1. Set the field properties to File, like step 3 in the attachment below Addpage.png .
2. Set the Control Properties Multiple to True, like step 4 in the attachment below Addpage.png.
3. Set the type of files that should be uploaded like step 5 in the attachment below Addpage.png. Note: * is a wild card and it dangerous, because your site can be hacked from the image upload, if it is set to wild card. its best to specify each of the file extension. e.g zip,rar,pdf,png,jpg,jpeg.
4. Set the maximum number of file that can be uploaded, mine was set to 7 in step 6 in the attachment below Addpage.png.

And it should work fine now.

Reply #14
You can also take a look at the sample project i created to demonstrate how to implement the multi file upload. Attachment below.