Skip to main content
Topic: SMTP validation not working (Read 1980 times) previous topic - next topic

SMTP validation not working

Hi!

I'd like validate e-mail address under registration, but the system don't send e-mail. GMail don't good alternative.

Re: SMTP validation not working

Reply #1
Why no choose some smtp server to send ? , Mailgun have 10,000 mail by month free first plan (Concept)

Mailgun SMTP Server

Cya

Reply #2
My app run in a intranet server. No external connection.

Reply #4
I tested this function with fake smtp (smtp4dev: https://github.com/rnwood/smtp4dev), thats work fine. If I will copy to my intranet server, then the app will run perfect (with SMTP auth)? I don't want to come mucker, when I update the app on Monday.

Reply #5
@machobymb‍ yes, it should work on your phprad generated app. The phprad generated app only needs a mail server to send emails through if the app you provided above works properly as a mail server then you have no problem.

Reply #6
SMTP sending don't run in my real server. How can I enable TLS or SSL in config.php?

Reply #8
My app is run on a CentOS server. The SMTP server is a other server on my network. I set the server ip, the port, the user name and the password in the config.php.

If I send mail from Python script, then sending is correct. The settings are the same.

Reply #9
@machobymb‍ please use your Gmail account, if you don't have, create one and see if it works.

Gmail SMTP settings
Gmail SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
Gmail SMTP username: Your Gmail address (for example, example@gmail.com)
Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password
Gmail SMTP port (TLS): 587
Gmail SMTP port (SSL): 465

Reply #10
Unfortunately, you can't send mail with your Gmail settings.
Can I modify ecryption settings (SSL/TLS)?

Reply #11
@machobymb‍  yes you can. it will ask for your permission via mail to allow sending mail through it. I have used it in testing my mails to know where my errors are coming from, if it doesn't work with Gmail the error would be from the generated app, if it works with Gmail then your server still has an issue sending mails via SMTP.

Reply #12
I did not receive the permission request email. Can I monitor where the problem is?

Reply #14
I didn't receive any email with any port settings.