Skip to main content
Topic: postgres with schemes (Read 1891 times) previous topic - next topic

postgres with schemes

Hello everyone.
Today I started using PHPRad with postgres, but when selecting a database that I have already created, it indicates that it is without tables. My database uses schemas, but it seems I can't read them (more than 100 tables in different schemas)
Can someone help me or tell me what I can do to fix it?
Thank you.

Re: postgres with schemes

Reply #1
Sounds like a potential driver issue.

Also, regarding Schemas and Privileges:

By default, users cannot access any objects in schemas they do not own. To allow that, the owner of the schema must grant the USAGE privilege on the schema. To allow users to make use of the objects in the schema, additional privileges might need to be granted, as appropriate for the object.
Hello everyone.
Today I started using PHPRad with postgres, but when selecting a database that I have already created, it indicates that it is without tables. My database uses schemas, but it seems I can't read them (more than 100 tables in different schemas)
Can someone help me or tell me what I can do to fix it?
Thank you.

Reply #2
Thanks for the prompt response.
This database is in production (used with delphi for php) and I have not had access problems before, so it should not be a permissions problem (same username and password).
But now when I select this database, PHPRad sends me a message saying that the database has no tables. I do not use the public scheme, but I have another 5 schemes with their respective tables which cannot be read.
Is there anything else I can review to try to solve this problem?
Any help or comments is welcome.
ESR.

Reply #3
@esr‍ have you tried creating the database using phprad to see if it works and to help you pinpoint what the actual problem is.

Reply #4
Yes, I created a table from PHPRad and it works, but it is created in the public scheme. I can't find an option to create a table in some scheme that is already created in the database.
I have several projects created in php and I would like to migrate them to PHPRad, but the databases have different schemas in the database. I had never had this problem, but as I am just getting to know PHPRad I don't know how to solve it to continue.
ESR

Reply #5
I have exactly the same problem as you describe. I doubt there are any issues with drivers as I am using MS Access with 4 different schema. Future revisions of PHPRAD should add an option to select the respective database schema we want to connect with. I will request the feature.

Reply #6
I have just come across this problem. Is there a way for phpRAD to choose the schema?