Skip to main content
Topic: Multi step form (Read 3381 times) previous topic - next topic

Multi step form

Hi there,

I want to split into several steps a add records form.
I suppose i have to use the Form Wizard but can't figure out how to insert some fields into step 1 , some other fields into next step...

Thanks
Arnaud.

Re: Multi step form

Reply #1
You can duplicate the add page record and add the pages to the wizard steps.

Reply #2
You can duplicate the add page record and add the pages to the wizard steps.
Sorry, not able to understand this step. Can you please explain it little more?

Do you mean to say collect the HTML code from Custom Design for all the form elements and then paste it for each step of the Form Wizard as custom view?

It will be great if you can make a video tutorial of this...

Reply #3
Can someone please look into this issue and answer the query...

Reply #4
First, duplicate the "Add Pages" you want to add to the form wizard. Select each field you want it to appear on a wizard step.

Drag and drop the pages from the sub-page component onto the form wizard step. From the form wizard step properties, select "SubmitOnNext" Option to False and set the last Step Form to True

Preview

Reply #5
Thanks so much for the details Emman. I followed your instructions and everything worked well.

I wanted to split the Add, Edit and View controls into different Tabs. So, I attempted to do the same thing... but this time, the Sub Page view came up with its own Save button on the tab. I didn't find any option to disable this Save button, is there any?

I've already created a new thread about this issue in General Discussions. Please take a look and let me know how to resolve this issue.

Reply #6
Hello guys,
Great product you have. i need help with form wizzard. i have set on other pages to Submit on Next and on last page i have set as Submit AllForms, however when i click Submit on the last page, only data on fields on last page are saved to the database. Am using latest version 2.7.2

Reply #7
Hello guys,
Great product you have. i need help with form wizzard. i have set on other pages to Submit on Next and on last page i have set as Submit AllForms, however when i click Submit on the last page, only data on fields on last page are saved to the database. Am using latest version 2.7.2
  I'm using 2.7.3 and have this issue too.