Skip to main content
Topic: Qustions about licensing (Read 927 times) previous topic - next topic

Qustions about licensing

Hello,
   I'm playing with trial version of PHPRad Classic.  There are some bugs and missing features, but generally it is good product.

I want to buy license but I do not understand some sentences from License agreement, can you please answer me?
  • Permission is granted to download a copy of PHPRad (Materials and software) on PHPRad's web site for personal and non-commercial transitory viewing only.
    That means that I can't use PHPRad for commercial use?

• The License is renewed every year.
    That means that I must buy new license every time when it will expire?  I think that for example for 6 months licence I will receive SW updates for 6 months only buy after that time I can still use copy of PHPRad as long I want it. Am I wrong?

• As I undertand the sites, generated by PHPRad can be running after licence will expire - Is it correct?

Thank you for responses

Re: Qustions about licensing

Reply #1
Hello Nalim,

Thank you for reaching out to us, here are answers to your questions;

1.This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
-modify or copy the materials;
-use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
-attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Dreamcatcher Events’ Websites;
-remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
-transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This speaks to the PHPRad software itself, not the system you developed with PHPRad, you have a total right to systems you develop with PHPRad

2.The licence is for a lifetime, but there are limitations to the period of free upgrades, which are 6 months, 1 year and 2 years for standard-mini, standard and professional package respectively. After the duration for free upgrade expires, you can continue to use your software but you will not receive future updates.

3.Yes the systems/ applications generated by PHPRad is your property and will continue to run on any server of your choice even after the expiration of your PHPRad licence.

I hope these answers clarify your ambiguity on the software terms. thank you for choosing PHPRad.

Re: Qustions about licensing

Reply #2
Thank you for quick response. 
Looks that I will suport your company soon by buying license.