Skip to main content
Topic: Custom (inline) actions in View pages (Read 1088 times) previous topic - next topic

Custom (inline) actions in View pages

Hi!

I'm new to PHPRAD... still exploring and learning how to do basic stuff...

Is it possible to add some custom actions to "inline edit actions" displayed in a table view?

By default it's possible to have View/Edit/Delete actions, which is great... I would like to add some other "actions" to that? Is it possible? How??

Thanks

Re: Custom (inline) actions in View pages

Reply #2
Hi!
Thanks for your quick response!

Well... I would like to add some more actions to table rows besides the auto generated View/Edit/Delete.

For example, I would like to add a "Commit" which would execute/call some PHP code.
But I would really like that new entry/action to be listed with other actions available on the record.

I know I can switch to "custom" design... but then I have to do all manually... and changing something is a real pain. If i switch from Custom view to "auto generated" all my changes are lost...

The same goes for changing the code in Controller modules.
I know I can disable the "autogeneration"... but then any changes made in the RAD GUI will not be applied in the code...

Do you have any suggestion on how to "fix" this behaviour? To be able to use the RAD GUI + custom changes in Controller (or other) php modules?

Best regards

Re: Custom (inline) actions in View pages

Reply #4
Ok, thanks...

Would be an option to add some sort of "placeholders" in your templating system (for generating code and all the rest)  in the form of "___userCustomCode" and then if it's defined just include/expand it in the code/model/view generation process?

That's not a big "deal" (I suppose) and could solve quite some customization.

That would allow to add custom methods to controllers/models etc...

Regards