Skip to main content
Topic: counting records for a dashboard total only for the logged in user (Read 794 times) previous topic - next topic

counting records for a dashboard total only for the logged in user

I have the user records management setup so each logged in user only sees their records and works fine.  But i also have some charts and record counts on the dash board but don't count just to the logged in user.  So if i have 2 users, each added 1 records.  The dashboard charts etc will count 2.  

What do i need to do to my query so that it will count within my logged in users please?

I need Total of records created by the user.
My table has fields that has car brands and so have charts that tells each user on their dash board how many Fords they have, or how many Audis.   But again its counting the fords for all users.

Also as a side note,  why is it that when you use the query builder and when you try to go back it wipes out all what you have done and have to add the table again instead of editing the query if theres an issue.??

Re: counting records for a dashboard total only for the logged in user

Reply #1
@Goodhead‍ please create dashboards for various user roles and write a query to display chart/record count data for that role.