Skip to main content
Topic: With Static Role Permission nothing is published in PROJECT MENU. (Read 1819 times) previous topic - next topic

With Static Role Permission nothing is published in PROJECT MENU.

Hi,
With "Static Role Permission" nothing is published in PROJECT MENU. I erased all roles, created new roles ...again recreated initial roles, nothing happens. MENU published is empty. I "toggle check all" all tables, to be visible: no result.
 The behavior was changed after I have played with "User records management" and deactivated after.

Any help ? Any idea how to make it working ?

Thanks in advance,
Catalin
PS: Legacy roles (old roles deleted already) remained present when I activate "User records Management". How can I correct this ?

Re: With Static Role Permission nothing is published in PROJECT MENU.

Reply #1
@Catalin‍ please Clos the phprad application, open it again and publish the project to a different folder. 

Reply #2
@Catalin‍ please Clos the phprad application, open it again and publish the project to a different folder.
Hi Wilvin, I did it nothing happened. Once "Roles and Permissions" are activated static, NOTHNG appear in the MENU (even I have published in another folder).
Any idea why or how to solve this ?
Many thanks, Catalin

PS: any NEW table I add appear in the MENU ...old tables no... I deleted the menu, rewrite again: same result

Reply #3
@Catalin‍ please make sure the current user role logged in has been given access to the pages, else the menu will not appear.

Reply #4
@Catalin‍ please make sure the current user role logged in has been given access to the pages, else the menu will not appear.
Hi Wilvin,
Of course, I have checked "Toggle Check All" in "Role Base Access Control" for all roles... NONE is working. I suspect "User Record Management" ...messed up things there. I created a new project and RoleBased restrictions are working.... so is there a "cache" non re-writable ..remaining from a publishing to another.
QUESTION: where/how can I handle my own the restriction for the MENU (with custom code ?) ?
Thanks for heping,
Catalin

Reply #5
After a series of tests, my conclusion is: "User Records Management" mess-up the ACL so is to be avoid for now. I assume write/initialize somewhere in the project a section for ACL, remaining during further publishing of the project; even if you toggle check all in the Roles and Permissions nothing is published in the menu.
Any fix will be welcomed because users has to recreate the project and made again all changes ...which is crazy!

All the best !

Reply #7
Wilvin rules !!!! Thanks Wilvin for your help, I spent lot of time to figure out the error.
Solution:
If you guys have a menu like:
MENU1 - LINK 1  (here you have to place LINK 1)
  Submenu 1 - LINK 1
  Submenu 2 - LINK 2
MENU2 - LINK 3 (here you have to place LINK 3)
  Submenu 3 - LINK 3
  Submenu 4 - LINK 4
etc.
...so be aware at LINK1 ...LINK 3 etc. when you use ROLE BASED security !!!
Many thanks to Wilvin !
...and I strongly advise you all to BUY the application to support the developers to continue the work! ...and also register to https://www.patreon.com/willvinofficial
...you will learn a lot and will have support ! (which is very useful)

Reply #8
Some more info on how to solve this would be nice, have the same problem static or dynamic no difference