Skip to main content
Topic: Dynamic Select Lookup not working while editing record (Read 794 times) previous topic - next topic

Dynamic Select Lookup not working while editing record

Hi folks!!

While editing a record, one Select field with Dynamic Select Lookup option is not been updated (dropdown list) when its parent field is updated. Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Dynamic Select Lookup not working while editing record

Reply #1
@Euder‍ can please explain more. As phprad does not allow using Ajax (which is also Dynamic lookup) and dependent field.

Reply #2
Hi @willvin !

To better explain I will use an example: Suppose I have three tables: Buildings, Appartments, and Maintenance Activities. For every Activities record, we must first choose a Building from a select list, and after this choose an Appartment from a select list that depends on the selected Building. It works perfectly when adding a new record at Maintenance Activities but when editing a record and changing the Building option the Appartments´s list does not update the options. It keeps the same options related to the previous chosen Building. The behavior that I am trying to achieve is at least when changing the Building Options it erases the Appartment and presents a new Appartment list related to the new Building.

Thanks!

Reply #4
Hi @willvin !

I was traveling since your answer. If you´re online now, here are the TeamViewer info:

1 466 611 827
46ncp2