Skip to main content
Topic: Cannot Open a PPM created with 2.7.1 in 2.7.1 (Read 1630 times) previous topic - next topic

Cannot Open a PPM created with 2.7.1 in 2.7.1

Hi All

I have spent the last week rebuilding my project from 2.6.9 with 2.7.1 - Yesterday PHPRad started 'not responding' and a couple of modal's kept failing to open.

This morning i have come to open my ppm and now i get the error -  "Unable to open project file. Please make sure you are opening a project designed with the latest version of PHPRad Classic (2.7.1) Application Cannot Continue" (just to reiterate, this was created in 2.7.1).

Attached is a screenshot showing the error and also my ppm - It appears that the ppm file is now corrupt. I have just created and opened another project in 2.7.1. without a problem.

Please look into this urgently as we cant be spending weeks on a project for it to suddenly corrupt and be of no use.

If you need any more information please let me know.

Re: Cannot Open a PPM created with 2.7.1 in 2.7.1

Reply #1
Working on a fresh version of my preciously corrupted project and another error just appeared when i tried to save it.

Reply #2
Any application development system must be able to migrate previous versions, it is a serious problem not being able to open them are jobs/time lost

Re: Cannot Open 2.7.1 PPM created with 2.7.1

Reply #3
Hi All

After the release of PHPRad 2.7.2 I was hoping this issue had been resolved. It did look promising, but i have had the error again and now cannot use my ppm.

Luckily i was extra careful this time and took a back up of the PPM each day.

Attached is shows how the PPM is growing, it starts off slow and then today jumps up to 150mb. The only thing i think this can be is copying an existing list/view page and creating a queried view against it to use as a subpage.

IF ANYONE FROM PHPRAD is reading this, *PLEASE* look into this.

Reply #5
Thanks @willvin if you need the latest ppm/Sal let me know and I will share it.

I will help the best I can.

Reply #6
Hi @willvin has there been any further feedback?