Skip to main content
Topic: broken cyrillic search engine (Read 947 times) previous topic - next topic

broken cyrillic search engine

I ask for help, when I search in the standard search engine for tables in the Cyrillic alphabet, it gives an error, in the Latin alphabet and the search in numbers is normal, but not in the Cyrillic.

Error Message |    SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1271 Illegal mix of collations for operation 'like'
File                  |        /app/models/PDODb.php On Line 1045
Stack Trace      |        1 app/models/PDODb.php(1045): PDOStatement->execute()
                                2 app/controllers/Test_tableController.php(71): PDODb->get('test_table', Array, Array)
                               3 unknown file(unknown line): Test_tableController->index()
                               4 system/Router.php(196): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
                               5 system/Router.php(109): Router->run('test_table')
                               6 index.php(106): Router->init()

Re: broken cyrillic search engine

Reply #2
Hi,
I use XAMPP server, MySql, utf8_general_ci, and I don't have problem with search in cyrillic!
How ever for me there is an issue with the export in pdf, doc . Could you export table in pdf/doc  that include Cyrillic?

Re: broken cyrillic search engine

Reply #3
@dobsun‍ for search error, use this utf8_unicode_ci collation instead. and make sure all fields on that table apart from Auto-Increment PrimaryKey uses it too.