Skip to main content
Topic: static and dynamic permissions (Read 1638 times) previous topic - next topic

static and dynamic permissions

Good day I have been looking to find more information that well explains the difference between static and dynamic ... roles.
Can someone please explain how do they work, and in what situation would I use either?

Re: static and dynamic permissions

Reply #1
@dra static role is stored on a PHP file while dynamic roles are store in the database. Dynamic roles can easily be changed by editing the role table like you will do a normal record and it takes effect immediately, which makes it dynamic. While static code will require you to edit it from the phprad classic app or edit the .php file where it was generated to make changes.

Reply #2
Thanks. I set up the dynamic role permissions tables. after selecting the role base access control user roles and tables. I clicked the OK button and got the following alert:-

"The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'UserTypes', database 'test', schema 'dbo'."

where do I go from here. I would show you screen shots of my setup but the forum alert says that the upload file is full.

Reply #5
@willvin Solved. I had to alter the User permissions on the database.
Thanks for your assistance.

Reply #6
@willvin
When I click OK after selecting page permission check boxes. I notice that the RolesPermissions
data table is not updated, i.e the PermissionId, PageName and ActionName are empty, no data.
I ran a trace using SQL server trace tool on the click action. I can see select statements made
against the database but no table inserts are made in the RolesPermissions table also no alerts or
errors are given. Any Ideas?

Reply #7
@dra‍ I will require your TeamViewer details to assist you better. Send me a PM with the details.