Skip to main content
Topic solved
This topic has been marked as solved and requires no further attention.
Topic: varchar fields on dynamic lookup (Read 2902 times) previous topic - next topic

varchar fields on dynamic lookup

Hi everyone,

I have a table named department (dep_id, dep_name) and another table named employee (emp_dep_id, emp_id,emp_name).

So, I added new table named childiren that stores employess children information.

On the add page of this table I want to do when user first select a department of employee, he must see just an employees who works in that department.

How can I do this.

Thank you.

Re: chained selection

Reply #2
@willvin thanks for reply.

I could not solve the issue.

according to selected value of 1. field (Program Kodu), I want to populate 2. select list. For this purpose I used a dynamic select lookup but did not solve.  screenshot is below.

projeler is table that I want to populates values from there. program_kodu is correspondent column of field 1.

any help greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Reply #5

Please make sure that the Matched Field Value is equals to Dependent Field Value

The settings seems right you just have to cross check that you are setting the correct Matched Field and Dependent Field.

Reply #6
@Emman  thanks for reply.
it seems no problem about matching field and dependent field. Dependent field is current selected value of the field "program kodu" and matching field corresponds same value on projects table.

So, both fields are VARCHAR, ,it can be any problem about being varchar. Can cause problem on matching two fields.

I can not solve this issue. if you can help me I would be greaty appereciated on you.

Reply #7
I think there is a problem about matching two VARCHAR fields  dynamically on PHPRAD.

I can not anymore solve the problem. This must not be difficult like this.

There is no any mistake about me. And also there is not any satisfied tutorial or documentation.

So, I have a serious doubt about purchasing after trial.

Searching for alternatives now

Reply #8
Sorry about this issue. We have closely looked into this and found out that this is a bug with the current version of the software.

We are releasing a new update on Friday to solve the problem.

Kindly wait for the update.

My sincere apologies.

Best regards.

Reply #9
I am happy to hearing this.

waiting for update.

Reply #10
is there any news about bug fixed new release.

I waited  long time on friday but it seems there is nothing change.

Still phprad cant create dynamic lookup through varchar fields.

Reply #11
I tested same situation on VueJS Edition. But same disappoinment.

On VueJS edition, values are populated on second listbox according to first selected value. But on the third selection box nothing apperaed.

For example when you select continent on first selection box, on the second selection box the countries of selected continent appears without any problem, but when you wish to select cities on the third selection box according to second selection box nothing appears.