Skip to main content
Topic: SMS function or an existing api implementation - potential new phprad user (Read 1553 times) previous topic - next topic

SMS function or an existing api implementation - potential new phprad user

reviewing phprad simple apps.  have a need for an app that will collect contact info via an online form, an opt-in field can be selected in the form to receive messages via SMS, then the app user would be able to select list of all opt-in submissions and send an SMS message.  is there an existing function or implementation of an API for SMS messages?

Thanks,
e

Re: SMS function or an existing api implementation - potential new phprad user

Reply #2
@onlye‍
Are you meaning an actual phone SMS, or a push notification from a web app?

Reply #3
robertr - yes an actual phone SMS.  i will have a table with a field for opt-in and a cell phone number.  i want to select the records that opt-in and have the ability to create and send a text message to those records.  that is the primary reason for my application.  thanks for the follow-up.  i have a quote to have the app written in PHP/MySQL but am exploring using an app development tool for more flexibility.

Reply #4
You are the owner but not a programmer?
Have you considered using WP.
I have used PHPRad + NextCloud (Essentially interface our PHP MySQL ERP app with NextCloud for user management, files etc. etc.)

You can do something similar low-code by using 'RAD + WP. would give you WP plugins for SMS etc. (You'd still have to use a free service or Pay for one to actually send the messages.)   All the heavy lifting is done by WordPress and requires a stronger hosting package.

Without knowing what you are trying to do, I can only say I am working on the same type of thing for a personal project, and would be willing to share my thoughts.

I am turning on notification but am willing to take the discussion to PM / email or something similar if it gets off topic.