Skip to main content
Topic: Custom - Static Pages (Read 1685 times) previous topic - next topic

Custom - Static Pages

Greetings - great product!

I am familiar with and have used other generators, as well as PHP MVC frameworks - and this def has the nicest integrated development workflow.

I was hoping to be able to create some static pages - like a:

• Home page (landing page with a jumbo tron)
  • About Us Page
  • Contact Us Page
  • Documentation
  • etc...

I see that in the system you can add a page, but it is always tied to a database table and will either be a clone of the "list" or "view" page for the database table section you create it in.

This also means that it will be tied to the existing controller where it is placed.

I see there is a router, but I do not see a routes file?

In other MVC frameworks, I could add an entry in the routes file to call a controller and action.  Since there is no routes file, I cannot create a homepage that maps to "/".  Or a contact us page that links to "/contact", etc...

The router class just takes the URL/URI and looks for a controller and action.

I have tried tinkering with the idea of creating a database table called "pages" with the fields: "title" and "body", but again, this means I cant have a homepage that maps to "/".  It would always be "/pages/view/1" or "/pages/view/2".

I also tried creating tables for each page, like: "page_home" or "page_aboutus", but that would result in: "/page_aboutus/view/1".

Any suggestions?  Thanks and keep up the great work!