Skip to main content
Topic: be able to add charts to tab pages (Read 1620 times) previous topic - next topic

be able to add charts to tab pages

I wanted to add tabs to my dashboard as i needed to display alot of charts and didn't want lots of scrolling.  I though adding charts to tabs and each tab for different tables i use.  This doesn't work.  So can we add this feature so charts and tables can be added to tabs.

Re: be able to add charts to tab pages

Reply #1
hi,
i did what you asked, no problem.
you add one tab and inside that tab you add a chart.
then after you copy component of the tab with right botton of your mouse and after paste component.
so you have 2 tabs with chart inside. ofcourse after you can copy tab again to add more tabs.

Reply #2
hi,
i did what you asked, no problem.
you add one tab and inside that tab you add a chart.
then after you copy component of the tab with right botton of your mouse and after paste component.
so you have 2 tabs with chart inside. ofcourse after you can copy tab again to add more tabs.

I maybe didn't explain very well.  It appears you can add a chart to a tab.  What i was trying to achieve was have 3 charts in a row.  So to do that a section row is needed.  Section rows and columns can't be added to a tab.    Can these be added to tabs as a feature so we can have more control of content in tabs.

Reply #3
true, in a tab is not possible, to have 3 charts in a row.
i did make 3 in a row without tabs which was no problem with "col-md-4" between each of them.

Reply #4
true, in a tab is not possible, to have 3 charts in a row.
i did make 3 in a row without tabs which was no problem with "col-md-4" between each of them.

Yes, that's quite easy doing outside a tab.    I wonder why this hasn't been done.  Could it be a php limitation somehow?

Reply #5
no way that it is php, must be a limitation of phprad

Reply #6
It's totally possible, but you have to do in a slightly different way.

Instead of trying to add the row/colum structure to the tab directly, you have to create a new page, have all the structure there and then insert that page in the tab. That way it works flawless.

1. Go to pages tab
2. Create a new page, type = view
(I suggest avoiding Duplicate page, it might be faster at first, but trust me, best to do the whole process from zero)
3. Go to Page design
4. Edit that new page you just created
(remove header, footer, etc if you are going to insert it.. etc)
5. In Page Design, find the tab you wanted to use as container
6. Add the new page from the Subpages tree