Skip to main content
Topic: Data access by users company, rather than by userid? (Read 1050 times) previous topic - next topic

Data access by users company, rather than by userid?

I currently have a number of users, many of which belong to the same company.  Using User Records Management it seems that I can filter records to display based only on the USER that created the record.

Id like to filter based on the users COMPANY that entered the data (I have a separate table that connects users to a "company" table, where all company information is stored).  This way all users OF THAT COMPANY can see the data ONLY IN THAT COMPANY.   Users from other companies, cannot see records from companies other than their own.

I can then further restrict access by way of roles and permissions, as to edit/delete etc information.

(Chart below).

How can this be accomplished?  or am I missing something?

Thank you!!

Re: Data access by users company, rather than by userid?

Reply #1
As per my understanding,try to create database view/Custom View for each company and use group by company name. and then create list/view/edit pages
Apologies in advance if i am wrong because i am also a learner
Best regards,

Re: Data access by users company, rather than by userid?

Reply #2
>>Id like to filter based on the users COMPANY that entered the data<<
 How about making Company name as Login and let the Users set their own Passwords. This way, you may tie up the Login to the Company ID and that will serve as current logged in User's ID. Just a thought...