Skip to main content
Topic: Error Handler - Adding New Duplicate Records (Read 956 times) previous topic - next topic

Error Handler - Adding New Duplicate Records

Hello :)

So i have here a table (tbl_items_itemdetails) wherein i have index 2 columns (items_itemdetails_itemsid and items_itemdetails_itemdetails_id) that should be unique.

As you can see in the list below i should only have 1 Author details for Item The Book of Codes unless i would add another details for Author 2 or Author 3.

Having added the proper index in mysql it is successfully not allowing duplicate values for a particular item and its details however it is still prompting a wrong information, "New Record Added Successfully" but i was not able to add a record successfully.

If i am editing the record, it prompts a correct information that i have a duplicate record but only in adding it gives wrong information that i have added a new record successfully wherein fact i am not.

How can i handle this error?

Thanks in advance.
There is always time for everything.

Re: Error Handler - Adding New Duplicate Records

Reply #1
Bumping up!

This application is very good and i am really saving up to buy for a license, however one drawback i have is the lack of immediate support i will be getting. Do the license users get faster support in case?
There is always time for everything.

Reply #2
Bumping up!

This application is very good and i am really saving up to buy for a license, however one drawback i have is the lack of immediate support i will be getting. Do the license users get faster support in case?

Lack of support is a major problem with this application. Also, I tried building some simple web applications with PHPRAD, but I think there are still some important features missing in this application to make it a production ready tool. The authentication didn't work good for me. I've already posted my query, but as you noticed in your case, the lack of immediate support (at least 24 hrs turn around time is expected) is a major concern for me as well.

Reply #3
I see Roles and Users as two menu items in your application. Have you created a separate table for Roles? Are you providing dynamic role creation? How you achieved that with PHPRad?

Reply #4
I see Roles and Users as two menu items in your application. Have you created a separate table for Roles? Are you providing dynamic role creation? How you achieved that with PHPRad?
If memory serves, originally in v2.5.5 I had those two menu entries automatically appear on my ADMIN login.  Now as I rebuild in v2.5.7 my ADMIN user does NOT have those features shown.  (There was a web-based user management system that seem to be system generated), now as I rebuild, there is nothing.  If there is a trick to get this to generate again, please advise!