Skip to main content
Topic: (ASK)make accounting applications (Read 895 times) previous topic - next topic

(ASK)make accounting applications

I just used a trial from Phprad, what I want to ask is whether phprad can be used to make accounting applications?
Like corporate financial management?

Is there a tutorial?

Re: (ASK)make accounting applications

Reply #2
I just used a trial from Phprad, what I want to ask is whether phprad can be used to make accounting applications?
Like corporate financial management?

Is there a tutorial?

I am not sure if PHPRad is flexible enough to make such applications. You will need to have some areas for code customization. PHPRad is not an Event Driven environment where you can grab an event and then write certain code to make customize the default behavior of the generated scripts.

Give a thought before you commit yourself to PHPRad; have some test projects covering the functionalities which you will need your application before you finalize.

Reply #3
Thanks Broo

Reply #4
One functionality which is lacking in current version of PHPRad and which is quite essential in most of the real life projects is... Parent field for listing the Records per User ID. Let me explain...

Suppose you're developing HR application and you've following Account Types...

Office Head
-- Office Manager 1
---- Employee 1.1
---- Employee 1.2
---- Employee 1.3
--Office Manager 2
---- Employee 2.1
---- Employee 2.2
---- Employee 2.3

Now, the current User Role based listing of Records in PHPRad will allow you to show records per User. So, Employee 1.1 will see only his records, Employee 2.2 will see only his records. Similarly, Office Manager 1 will see only his records, Office Manager 2 will see only his records; and here is the problem.

In most cases, client will demand to have Office Manager 1 to have access to all records generated by the Users "under" him. Here, although the records belong to Employee 1.1, those records should be visible to Office Manager 1 since Employee 1.1 is under Office Manager 1. However, the records of Employee 2.1 should not be visible to Office Manager 1 because Employee 2.1 is NOT under Office Manager 1.

Current Authentication scheme of PHPRad does not allow us to set the penetration of Authentication; and this can pose a serious issues later while dealing with real life applications.

@Emman  Correct me if the above mentioned scenario is possible with PHPRad...