Skip to main content
Topic: Inline Add, Inline Edit, Auto Fill Values, Calculatations (Read 3005 times) previous topic - next topic

Inline Add, Inline Edit, Auto Fill Values, Calculatations

Dear PHPRad Team
I am so impressed with the generated pages visual look and blazing fast speed of List, Add, Edit and View Pages.
Totally Awesome Product. You guys have created a RAD Monster and What I SEE is, it's gonna be the Future of PHP Based Web Apps Development pretty soon.
I've tested PHPMaker, Appginie, SQLMaestero and PHPRunner. So far PHPRunner is top notch product among all.
But PHPRAD will outperform PHPRunner and others in coming years.
I've few suggestions (maybe a whishlist  ;)  - all of them are inspired by PHPRunner)

1. Inline Add and Inline Edit Functionalities: Scenarios is, when you are presenting Master and Details Page on Add/Edit Screen and need to add more records into details table, or need to edit details table records (Sales Order Form - POS thing), its obvious to add records while staying on same screen, instead of going to another screen for addition/updation etc. It's a must have functionality to add/edit records in inline mode. (this function will also be handy for list pages for quick addition/updation etc)

2. Auto Fill Values: Your software has option to add dynamic drop down and it can filter values that are dependent on other value. Wouldn't it be cool to extend the functionality further? ---- Scenario is, lets say on Sales Order Form, you pick item code (coming from Items table dynamically) and upon selection, item price,  stock in hand, measurement unit etc gets filled automatically. I mean populate values from Items table, based on the item code selection. It will further speedup the work.

3. Calculations: At this moment I was unable to find an easy way to calculate fields on the fly. Scenario is, when item code is selected and user enters quantity value, there should be a way to auto calculate total cost based on quantity*unit_price value. I mean there should be an event on load type thing, where we can define what to calculate.

4. Field Events : Events are most helpful thing when working on complex projects. like onclick event, onchange event,

5. Appearance Customization: At this moment your software allows customization via source code adjustment. It will be so awesome, if you can manage to provide a visual solution for that, where user can see actual fields (actual presentation of the generated page, but customizable format)

I hope you can implement those features and wishing you best of luck.

Re: Inline Add, Inline Edit, Auto Fill Values, Calculatations

Reply #1
Dear @Emman was curious to know whether you guys are gonna add those handy features or not?
By the way a wish list will be a healthy addition to this forum, where users can add & vote features which will speedup the development process.

Re: Inline Add, Inline Edit, Auto Fill Values, Calculatations

Reply #2
I know it took a long time, but these suggestions are great to implement.
I would like you to add the leaflet and fullcalendar maps to the components.
Greetings!!!