Skip to main content
Topic: PHPRAD 2.7.3 Publish won't "create" any changes / don't work (Read 493 times) previous topic - next topic

PHPRAD 2.7.3 Publish won't "create" any changes / don't work

After working for some time on a project I noticed the the changes are not getting "applied/exported" to published files any more. Then doing some change, revert, select "custom" (page design) and then back to "generated" worked for a few times but after some time I cannot gen any change to be "published".
The changes are still nicely visible in the designer/editor but nothing is getting "exported" when I hit publish. Event the list which states what's "published" does not change regardless of the actual changed pages i the project.
Then I also noticed a sudden PPM file change from a few hundred KB to 48000KB and then later on to 98000KB.

I think the issues are somehow related to copy/paste of pages in the designer (multiple copy of edit, add pages to new ones, then deleting some etc). Once I even got an "exception" error and still have a "reference" to an nonexistent page in one "mater-detail" configuration... and each time I click that the exception pops up...

Basically.. I'm stuck and I cannot "publish/export/produce" any more changes in the project.

What can be done to "repair/rebuild/check" the PPM file? Sure enough... backups are not really there (well.. there are, but old ones).

Is there any "PPM format" specification to maybe check manually the file?

Please, any help is greatly appreciated.

PS. I have purchased a license if that make any difference...

Regards,
MCulibrk

Re: PHPRAD 2.7.3 Publish won't "create" any changes / don't work

Reply #1
After working for some time on a project I noticed the the changes are not getting "applied/exported" to published files any more. Then doing some change, revert, select "custom" (page design) and then back to "generated" worked for a few times but after some time I cannot gen any change to be "published".
The changes are still nicely visible in the designer/editor but nothing is getting "exported" when I hit publish. Event the list which states what's "published" does not change regardless of the actual changed pages i the project.
Then I also noticed a sudden PPM file change from a few hundred KB to 48000KB and then later on to 98000KB.

I think the issues are somehow related to copy/paste of pages in the designer (multiple copy of edit, add pages to new ones, then deleting some etc). Once I even got an "exception" error and still have a "reference" to an nonexistent page in one "mater-detail" configuration... and each time I click that the exception pops up...

Basically.. I'm stuck and I cannot "publish/export/produce" any more changes in the project.

What can be done to "repair/rebuild/check" the PPM file? Sure enough... backups are not really there (well.. there are, but old ones).

Is there any "PPM format" specification to maybe check manually the file?

Please, any help is greatly appreciated.

PS. I have purchased a license if that make any difference...

Regards,
MCulibrk
 @mculibrk‍ sorry for the inconvenience. You might want to recreate the project and avoid using copy or duplicate for pages and components, but thanks. As for your question on if there is a way to manually edit the.ppm, no it Is not possible without damaging the file content.

Re: PHPRAD 2.7.3 Publish won't "create" any changes / don't work

Reply #2
Thanks....

Yeah, I "learned" that the COPY pages "often produces" strange "consequences"... but it's so useful... not to repeat the configuring and "tuning" over and over again...

For multi-tab/wizzard forms especially... as you have to have pages for each tab/step and one "commit" page with the same "validations" etc...

...but I now setup a "make new version on each save" stuff so I'll be able to "step back" when "strange" happens again... ;)

There is no "plan/possibility" to get the format of the PPM file? It would be so helpful to be able to "fix/check" some part of a file when "strange" strikes...

Best regards