Skip to main content
Topic: Edit page - Duplicate page error (Read 952 times) previous topic - next topic

Edit page - Duplicate page error

Hi,

I've a project. The PPM file is 15MB. If I'd like to duplicate the edit page, the PHPRad catch System.outofmemoryexception. The generated file is 200MB, and the PHPRad don't open.

Re: Edit page - Duplicate page error

Reply #2
@willvin: Cor2Duo, 4GB RAM, Win 10 64 bit.
I just don't understand why duplicating a view will make the 15MB project file 200Mb. I don't think that's normal. Duplicate List view is completely normal.

Re: Edit page - Duplicate page error

Reply #3
Hi,
I have another issue: I try to "Duplicate Page" - an EDIT PAGE, on a specific TABLE and the system freeze for about 1minute and after that UNFREEZE but do not duplicate the Page. I already have a Duplicate of Edita page, so at a point the mechanism worked.
Why is not working anymore on this TABLE (to many fields ?) ? On another table is working.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1) Duplicate an EDIT Page
2) Duplicate same EDIT Page
3) Duplicate same EDIT Page...
...after a number of duplications, you will be not able to Duplicate the Page.
Thanks in advance  for any hint !
Catalin

Re: Edit page - Duplicate page error System.outofmemoryexception

Reply #4
SOLUTION System.outofmemoryexception

From Windows, you can configure the amount of memory an application can use. This is done through Virtual Memory settings and system resource limitations. Please note that this doesn't guarantee the application will run smoothly, as it depends on the operating system's memory management and how the application is programmed to handle memory.

To change the Virtual Memory settings in Windows, you can follow these steps:

1. Right-click on "This PC" or "My Computer" on the desktop or in the Start menu and select "Properties."

2. In the System Properties window, on the left panel, select "Advanced system settings."

3. On the "Advanced" tab, in the "Performance" section, click "Settings."

4. In the "Performance Options" window, go to the "Advanced" tab and in the "Virtual memory" section, click "Change."

5. Uncheck the option "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives."

6. Select the drive where you want to adjust the Virtual Memory and choose "Custom size."

7. Enter the values for "Initial size" and "Maximum size." The maximum size is the maximum amount of memory your application can use.

8. Click "Set" and then "OK" to apply the changes.

9. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

However, keep in mind that increasing Virtual Memory doesn't guarantee that your application won't experience issues if it has memory leaks or other resource management problems. It's important to address the root cause of the memory shortage, such as potential memory leaks or inefficiencies in your application's code.