Skip to main content
Topic: How to change database and connection  (Read 1270 times) previous topic - next topic

How to change database and connection

After starting my 1st project, my MySQL database server has moved from localhost to another location. Unfortunately it seems impossible to continue the same project on another database. I have been looking around and comes to the very disenchant conclusion that this feature is not available. Can you help me out?

Re: How to change database and connection

Reply #1
At the root of your project, you have a config.php file where you can change the db settings.
Then , in phprad, you have to deactivate the overwritting of this config file when you publish your project otherwise it will overwrite your new settings with those include in the ppm project file.

This is not the ideal solution, it's a workaround.
 I think the guys at phprad should think about that. Allowing us to change/edit those setting into the project file or duplicate a existing project file to start a new one with others settings...

Reply #3
@Eroll and @willvin , thanks fo your reply, but i'am stuck with the DEV environment. When the MYSql server changes it is not possible to continue development, and that is a severe problem. Every project has to be maintained during several years and the landscape changes, so no one can guarantee  the existence of the same server(s) along the upgrade path.

Reply #4
@happiedad please download your online database dump file and upload it to your local MySQL server and use that to create and maintain your project, when you online database structure changes, download and update your local database and then continue to edit your project.